benchmade 940 osborne review

It’s a very popular and proven design. I have owned one for a couple of years now Description BM9400: 9400 Osborne AUTO Folding Knife Benchmade. Thanks for the detailed review. Last Updated: September 4, 2019 The molded plastic handle does its job well. Everything works, and it works well. The Benchmade 940 Osborne’s handle sports a very simple but effective handle. 30 replies on “Benchmade 940 Osborne Review: The EDC Standard” Zackery Parkhurst says: November 24, 2020 at 8:58 pm No one gives a crap what knife you use lol… Its a knife bro. I finally went and bought a 940BK. It is simple, sturdy, and works quite well. The 940 Osborne makes use of S30V for the blade steel, an excellent USA made stainless from the folks over at Crucible. The Benchmade 940 Osborne Green features a 3.4" CPM-S30V stainless steel reverse tanto blade with a satin finish and a blade thickness of .11". One of the well known rivals of this knife is the Spyderco Delica 4. This more compact design maintains the same styling and unique lines that have set apart the 940 for years, now with a 2.92-inch blade of … Benchmade is a pretty popular company that’s well-known for producing high-quality models from premium materials. Naturally, it is the perfect size, features great materials, is beautifully designed, and carries like a dream. You know what I love about this knife the most? ThePocketKnifeGuy.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.ca, See More Details about the Benchmade 940 Osborne. AMERICAN MADE CPM-S30V STEEL: For first-rate edge retention and corrosion resistance; Reverse tanto blade is nimble, versatile, and made for the outdoors. On paper this has always looked like an awesome knife, so I was very happy to find that the 940 was just as awesome in real life. Skip to the end of the images gallery BUY BENCHMADE 940 FROM AMAZON BELOW https://amzn.to/317ZuDP Benchmade's factory standard clip with the 940-1 isn't that great. But in my mind a perfect EDC needs to go beyond that. 5 out of 5 stars (282) 282 reviews $ 25.99. The Benchmade 940 (also referred to as the Benchmade Osborne) is one of the few knives that has truly achieved iconic status. The Benchmade 940 (also referred to as the Benchmade Osborne) is one of the few knives that has truly achieved iconic status. Filed Under: Benchmade, EDC Knives, Folding Knives, Gentleman's Folder, Made in the USA, Recommended EDC Knives, USA Made EDC Knives Tagged With: aluminum, axis lock, reverse tanto, s30v, Warren Osborne. A steadfast favorite of knife lovers, I put the Benchmade 940 Osborne through its paces to see if it lives up to its rich reputation. The 945BK-1 Mini Osborne upholds the same unique styling of the 940, while scaling down the overall profile. After all, the CR small Sebenza is 350 bucks these days and the 940 is, in my opinion, a much better, more ergonomic and, therefore, more usable knife. Sorry to hear your blade dulls easily. He has personally reviewed almost 300 knives of all shapes, sizes, and price points. Something isn’t right. If you have a good budget and you are looking around to get the best available pocket knife on the market, wait here. Osborne has long been known for designing some of the best knives on the market. It includes Benchmade's wonderful, ambidextrous AXIS lock, a slim design, and a stout blade. When we talk about the ideal EDC pocket knife we’re talking about the perfect blend of design. I don’t think they examine it from the utility perspective like you do. It has the ability to hold its edge for months and for me that’s a massive plus. As for actual construction, the 940’s handle is top notch. Benchmade's factory standard clip with the 940-1 isn't that great. It turned out to be his favorite knife (I had also given him a microtech SOCOM). This AXIS lock has green anodized CPM-S30V aluminum handles with an anodized titanium back spacer and a reversible tip-up pocket clip. The Benchmade 940 Blue Class folding knife is so compact that you can carry it in your pocket. But, for a lot of folks, the Warren Osborne-designed 940 is the Benchmade knife, and one that I was long overdue in trying out – partly because I prefer smaller knives, and partly because in the gleeful, dizzying descent that is the first few years of knife collecting, you’re bound to miss a few standbys in all that whirl and headiness. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Benchmade 930 Osborne Design Kulgera Knife at Amazon.com. The 940 combines excellent materials with smart design and wonderful fit and finish to produce an exceptional daily carry item. I just got my 940 Osborne. I agree. Balanced beautifully, it’s perfect for any task you would expect of an EDC pocket knife. I don’t often review Benchmade products due to the relatively high entry costs, but this has been on my list for many, many years. I can’t recommend this knife enough. It does have its flaws, of course, but these are minor enough to make the knife an excellent investment. It’s still a wonderful knife, but as you noted there is a lot of competition in that price range. Handling one in person before buying is always a great idea. In practice I found the handle long enough to comfortably accept my larger hand, and the rows of jimping on both the thumb ramp and finger choil provide a good amount of grip. It is no secret I am a big fan of the axis lock, and the 940 is a great example of why. I have carried and used many knives as a US Marine, Law Enforcement Officer, Bodyguard, and Professional Weapons and Tactics Trainer. Now, the 940 has been around for a seriously long time and it’s seriously beloved by just about everyone. Although the handle is not very fancy, but to be honest, this knife concentrates on comfort and a good grip. I am glad your brother likes this one as well, great minds think alike. He liked it so mcuh, he bought two more off “the bay”. Benchmade - 940-2 Osborne knife Reverse Tanto G10 - coltello Spedizioni gratuite per ordini superiori ai 50 euro effettuati con pagamenti anticipati (paypal, carta di credito, bonifico bancario) Art. It is of reverse tanto design, a somewhat trademark of Osborne’s. This AXIS lock has green anodized CPM-S30V aluminum handles with an anodized titanium back spacer and a reversible tip-up pocket clip. The Benchmade 940 is a comfortable everyday carry knife with a slim design, great ergonomics, and a lightweight build. It has to be greater than the sum of its parts, and a little “X factor” never hurt either. Vice Hardware M1 Review. The 940 was first introduced at Blade Show in the year 2000. I personally disagree that the knife feels “cheap… Warren has designed a few reverse tanto models for Benchmade, including the Benchmade Rift and I have generally been impressed by them. Sporting the classic reverse tanto blade shape in CPM-S30V and a black G10 with a blue baselayer handle. Thanks for stopping by and leaving the nice comment. All up, the Benchmade 940 Osborne is ​a masterfully created knife. 2 Views 0. 5 out of 5 stars (814) 814 reviews $ 10.89 Bestseller Favorite Add to Benchmade 940-1/940-2 Backspacer Add-On, Printed PLA, Backspacer ONLY StoneMooseKnifeCo. But then the 940 had something else. On paper, it’s easy to gloss over the appeal of Benchmade … We’re talking about a blend of design, quality, capability, materials and ergonomics. In my opinion, this is by far one of the best EDC (Every Day Carry) knives I … Read them, explore them and then finally take your decision. Ergonomically, it’s brilliant. The reverse tanto of the blade makes for the utility of most clip points, but the tip strength of a tanto. You can always re-tighten. We’re not just talking about how well it holds its edge, or how good the material is. It is my opinion that the Benchmade 940 is the best all around EDC knife ever. The costliness was just too hard to get past at the time. If true one hand operation is important to you (as a righty or a lefty) then I find the combination of thumb studs and an axis lock very tough to beat. I don’t often review Benchmade products due to the relatively high entry costs, but this has been on my list for many, many years. I mean, it’s so beautiful. The Benchmade Auto Osborne features a 3.4" CPM-S30V Premium Stainless Steel Reverse Tanto blade with a satin finish and a blade thickness of .11". If there are significant problems then I would send it in the Benchmade. It also doesn’t make a huge thwacking noise doing so. You really got my interest with this blade…… for EDC I like under 3oz in a tough package. This particular blade has been given a high flat grind, and features a swedge running across the top. My 940 sees more pocket time than any other knife I own. Aesthetically, it’s slick. The 940 (or “940 Osborne”) has an overall length of 7.87″, a 3.4″ blade, weighs 2.90 ounces, and is made in the USA. I say “surprisingly” because at a glance we have a rather thin handle here. Benchmade drilled and tapped this model for ambidextrous tip up carry. This would certainly be a high end choice if I wanted to replace the griptilian. Founded in California in 1988, the company has a passion for knife-making that is evident in the quality of their products. Benchmade 940-1 Review Benchmade is hallowed company among knife enthusiasts. The blade is made from S30V stainless steel which is classified as a premium knife steel. by Landon Hawkins | Last Updated: 10/25/2017 . AXIS LOCKING MECHANISM: Ensures safety and a smooth open and easy close; Standard reversible clip; Light as a feather for easy carrying and a comfortable grip. It is a little detail, but some times it’s the small stuff that gets you going. And I am also glad you have been enjoying the reviews in general. Your review was very spot on and those who I have honored with a showing love it a well, especially the purple titanium and quality. It’s top-quality. This gives the tip of the blade a unique and dramatic look, and also means the blade hold its thickness almost to the tip. I have lubricated it and improved just a little. I agree that $180 is steep for the 940. It’s 4.47 inches closed, 7.87inches overall, and weighs 2.65 ounces. You used to be able to pick these up for closer to $140, and at that price I think it’s a great buy. You’ve touched on all the obvious points here Dan and I agree. I send it in and Benchmade puts the edge on it for me.

With 20 years of life under its belt, the timeless design of the 940 takes a radical leap into the push-button automatic world. I’ve got the blade bug. Nice review, my brother would agree with your assesment… . Our impressions. Their name is a byword for quality, and their designs are wildly popular with professionals in every arena. Thank you and stay sharp. The 940-2 doesn't disappoint. Whatever it was, it drew me in like a moth to a flame, and I know that I am not the first to succumb to this emerald beauty. The 940 was first introduced at Blade Show in the year 2000. Great job! I have spoken about S30V many times before, but as a quick recap S30V is widely regarded as one of the best high end steels commonly found on production knives. The 940 opens and closes with a very satisfying smoothness and ease.

Cool Effect Charity Review, Toyota Rav4 Lease Calculator, Where Is Mcm Made, Porsche Boxster For Sale Pistonheads, Army Ranks Vs Capf Ranks, Pinto Horse Genetics, New Baleno Sport, 100 Most Valuable Books, Trip Planner Java Project, Svn College, Madurai Fees Structure, Tuscany Sharena Faucet Installation, Santander Bank Repossessions Spain, Toyota Price Philippines, Al Baraha Hospital Careers, Soft Toys Supplier,